Hi. My name is Zach Ware. I was raised on a farm in the South and now live in Las Vegas. I’m obsessed with fitness, healthy eating and scientific body tracking. I’ve eaten the same thing since early-2015.
This is what I’m working on /now.
My journey seems disjointed at first glance but all of my professional experiences are linked by a common bond of building intuitive things that solve misunderstood problems. I’ve built campuses, buildings, companies, websites, hardware systems and more. I live for the journey.
I like to think of my work as a reluctant VC. Our firm, VTF Capital, exists to help entrepreneurs build long-term companies that solve system-level problems.
We do that by investing capital ($48M under management) and working in the trenches with companies we advise. We are primarily focused on the commerce technology, digital brand and pre-consumer logistics space. We are nerds.
- SHIFT – Founder & CEO. Huge transportation company that nearly killed me. I shut it down in 2015. (Washington Post)
- Zappos.com Campus – Led real estate development and activation of the company’s 4.5 acre, four building Zappos.com LEED Gold HQ.
- Downtown Project – Managed real estate development, government partnerships and major projects for and helped launch Downtown Project. (NY Times, Fortune, Wired)
- Zappos.com – Head of Product (the tech kind)
- The Republic of Tea – First sales and supply chain, later led the ecommerce and direct to consumer business.
Speaking and media bio can be found here.