Hi. My name is Zach Ware. I’m an entrepreneur and investor based in Central TX and Northwest MT.
- Expanding quality housing options for working families at Freehouse Capital Partners
- Active angel investor
- I invest and help startups as a part-time venture partner at Trust Ventures
- Aspiring competitive athlete, training for fitness competitions and obstacle races for the 2022 season.
- Outdoorsman, aspiring river guide, wakesurfer, skier, hunter, uncle.
- Health and biology “researcher” and practitioner, more on that here.
In The Past
- VTF Capital ~85M AUM seed-stage venture fund focus on ecommerce and retail tech. Managing Partner alongside my other ex-Zappos general partners. We actively invested from 2011-2017.
- Downtown Project in Las Vegas. Co-founder and real estate development lead. DTP is a 41-acre urban redevelopment project co-founded with former Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh including commercial redevelopment, multi-family residential, small business investment and operating hospitality outlets. Led real estate development, government partnerships and major projects. (NY Times, Fortune, Wired)
- Developed the the 4.5 acre, four building Zappos.com LEED Gold HQ in Downtown Las Vegas. (BI).
- Head of Product at Zappos.com including product management, content and business operations for our family of sites and apps.
- CEO of NYC-based Pilotworks which provided shared commercial kitchens and services to food companies. I joined as CEO in 2018 to lead a turnaround, ultimately shuttering the company.
- Founded Shift, a Las Vegas transportation startup that nearly killed me. I shut it down in 2015. (Washington Post)
- Co-founded multi-unit coworking company Work In Progress (acquired by Let’s Rally).
Work and Stuff
- Led retail and ecommerce at The Republic of Tea.
- Led sales and distribution in the Southeast US for a DC-based gourmet food importer and distributor.
- Studied economics and computer science at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN and attended high school at Woodberry Forest School in Virginia.
- Held lots of random jobs including working at Starbucks, managing a convenience store, being an electrician’s assistant, picking tobacco on my family’s farm and working in a Walmart meat department for two days.
Get a hand-written email when I write something new. Add your email below.