This page was updated May 10, 2018. (The first version was May 2015!)
I am based between New York and a small ranch in Red Rock, TX.
I took a temporary-turn-complete break from Twitter, Facebook and news websites in April and haven’t been back yet.
This page exists to help me remind myself to focus. I optimize my life to tune out distractions so I can focus on having the foundation I need to make the best decisions when the opportunities arise.
This is what I’m doing now:
in order of time spent, not necessarily priority
- Focusing on rapid, intentional growth as CEO of Pilotworks.
- Supporting and hustling for the leaders behind VTF Capital’s past venture investments, especially the companies I focus on.
- Reading, lots and lots of reading. Specifically in the areas of psychology, history, biographies and science. On a good day, I spend more than 50% of my time reading or otherwise learning.
- Full-body strength training 4x/week along with my weird food lifestyle.
- Surfing, paddleboarding, rock climbing, freediving or something similarly physical on strength training off-days.
- Learning to freedive and spearfish.
Feel free to email me about one of the above topics. Unfortunately, I am unlikely to respond to messages that aren’t about the above.
How Stuff Gets Added
In evaluating adding anything to my life, I try to prioritize choices that optimize for:
- Low signal/noise ratio
- Low dependence on non-critical external validation
- Maximum location and time autonomy
- Minimal dependence on outside resources (single sources of funding, as self-sufficient as possible)
- Minimal dependence on a single thing (job, project, etc.)